Facility Management & Transport Operations
Facilities Management or FM is a form of asset management concerned with the successful and profitable maintenance, operation, and monitoring of buildings or properties. It encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality of the built environment by integrating people, systems, place, process, and technology.
- The IT-BPO industry is the largest and one of the most diverse private sector employers in India, with a direct workforce of over 3.5 million and over 10 million indirect workforces.
- Facility & Transport spends account for amongst top 5 operating expenses of most organizations.
- Facility management is a profession that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process, and technology.
- Employee transportation is integral to the IT-BPO industry that ensures round the clock operations support in the absence of adequate public infrastructure and services in India.
- The transport ecosystem is constantly in a state of flux, with unreliable supply, cost challenges, dynamic demand, safety concerns, threat of disruptions and infrastructure dependencies.
- The focus on the industry to ‘get it right’ has hence oscillated between the objectives of cost, service reliability, safety, and compliance. The recent ban on non- CNG cabs created a crisis where the industry was grappling to carefully balance these objectives.
- Conduct and organize knowledge hours and training sessions for members.
- Be the voice of the industry and raise issues concerning the industry with authorities.